AHSP 2017 ‘Swap Table’ Items for Sale and Wanted
Revised 2017 July 19 11 a.m.
The individuals listed below intend to offer astronomy-related items for sale at AHSP 2017. Most should be at the Swap Table scheduled for Friday 4:00-5:30 on the Yurt Deck. If you don’t find each other at that time, you can email the listed seller or buyer and get together later in the weekend.
Participants can buy & sell at the Swap Table without having listed here in advance.
All transactions are private between individuals. AHSP is forwarding information provided by the lister named, and providing a place to meet. The participants are responsible for all aspects of buying and selling.
For Sale on Friday at the Swap Table
- new Proxima 31mm 71-degree field 5-element WF 2″ eyepiece $40
- used Vivitar 500mm f/8 mirror lens T-mount $30 (has older Minolta T-adapter)
- new polyester tarp material 48″ wide $0.50/linear foot
- new Thousand Oaks silver-black solar filter film for eclipse viewing or camera 12″x12″ $15 (~1/2 retail)
- 3M red 1.5” litho tape for covering flashlights and other light sources (in cars, etc.) Not suitable for laptop screens. Limited quantities free.
- simple ‘boat’ sextant $5
- used digicam-eyepiece adapter $3
- Becvar Atlas of the Heavens color pages 16×24” $40
- I am bringing some eclipse goodies for the Swap Table. I bought some extras of eclipse atlases, eclipse pins, eclipse magnets, post cards, and mylar filters at the St. Louis Eclipse Expo. These were for my local club, and they bought a lot of this. I have some goodies left, and would be selling them at the regular (non-eclipse hyped inflated) price
In connection with the Swap Table, I will be bringing at least the following items to the AHSP in the hopes that better homes can be found for them where they will get more use:
- Meade LX200 f/6.3 with George Dudash’s Autostar/Audiostar conversion (includes finder and softcase).
- Meade LX200 Standard Field Tripod for LX200
- Meade ETX90 with Autostar (includes Doskocil case, electric focuser, straight through and RA viewfinders, flexible dew shield, etc.)
- Meade #883 Deluxe Field Tripod for ETX90
- Meade 1812A 12v to 18v Converter
- Kendrick 2083-18 Power Pack (w/ or w/o new battery)
I will be bringing the following items:
- Meade LX90 8″ OTA with UHTC coatings and soft case with padding – $400
- AstroZap Baader solar filter 8″ – $50
- 50 MW green laser pointer with safety key – $75
- Orion Pro Zoom 8-24mm eyepiece – $150
- Meade Series 4000 f3.3 Focal Reducer – $50
- Moonlite CSL 2.5 ” Large Format Crayford SCT focuser that fits the LX90 8″ OTA – $350
- Regular dew shields for the Meade LX90 8″ OTA with velcro – $20
- Dew shield for the Meade LX90 8″ OTA with velcro and a Kendrick heater strip built in – $30
- Celestron Nexstar 8″ SCT with 25mm eyepiece, 1.25″ visual back, Orion EZ finder, Dewshield, Tripod, 12 volt power cord, and Orion Case. $400
- Astro-Tech (AT8IN) 8″ f/4, 7″Universal Dovetail, 2″ Crayford focuser, SCA Laser Collimator, Mirror Cooling fan, Orion Carry Bag. $200
For Sale later in the weekend
I will be at AHSP showing some Explore Scientific equipment. The items I will be showing are:
- The new EXOS 2 GT PMC-Eight Telescope Mount
- The new FCD100 102 ED APO CF
- 100 deg 20 mm eyepiece
- 82 deg 30 mm eyepiece
- 82 deg 14 mm eyepiece
- 82 deg 8.8 mm eyepiece
I will have printed catalogs also to hand out to any interested participants.
- I will be able to offer a 15% discount on the Minimum Advertised Price (MAP) and take orders for shipment from our factory direct to your home.
Jerry Hubbell, Director Electrical Engineering
Ronald Skeans, Jr.
O3 filter wanted 1.25″ 496nm and 501nm lines.
I will not be at the table, will be arriving around 5ish on Saturday. Willing to pay $70.